Hi. Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. The things that I love most about Hari Raya is maybe the quality times that I get to spend with my family. My big brother usually works offshore and my older sister is at UTP, Perak. While my parents are always busy with work. So vacation is the only time that we get together and have fun.
My father is from Penang while my mother is from Negri Sembilan. So to make it fair what they do is to spend the first Raya at Negri and then go to Penang. Another thing that I love about Raya is that I get to meet all my cousins whom I rarely see if not for Raya. So, as we all know after ''sembahyang raya'', we as children have to ask for forgiveness from our parents. My family is what I can say as an egoistic family excluding my parents, but I always thought that we got that from them. So when it times to say we are sorry, sometimes it will be drag until the evening for us to finally come see our parents and ask for forgiveness. I know it seems stupid but that's just the way it is.
Most people have two grandmothers, one from their fathers side and one from their mothers side. For me, I have three grandmothers. That's because my father have two mother. The story goes like this, my father was given to his mothers sister that is his aunt because his aunt doesn't have a son and she have made an agreement with my fathers mother that if she delivers a son, the son will be given to her. My father was told about this when he was 12. At first we usually stayed at my grandmothers house that raised my father but now that she has gone we usually stays at my real grandmothers. For me, I love them both.
Another thing that I love about Hari Raya is the infinite food that's provided. Every time it is Raya, I would gain a few kilos but because of my high metabolism rate, it would not be long before I lose them. I would always be the ''victim'' in my family to eat what were served to us. This is because after a long day visiting peoples houses and eating, they would get full and my parents would tell me to eat at every house to show a term of courtesy.
Lastly, who doesn't love ''duit raya''. I have found out that now I'm in a university, I have received more ''duit raya'' than before. That is seriously something good. I think that's all from me right now. Until next time. Kashfi, out.
My father is from Penang while my mother is from Negri Sembilan. So to make it fair what they do is to spend the first Raya at Negri and then go to Penang. Another thing that I love about Raya is that I get to meet all my cousins whom I rarely see if not for Raya. So, as we all know after ''sembahyang raya'', we as children have to ask for forgiveness from our parents. My family is what I can say as an egoistic family excluding my parents, but I always thought that we got that from them. So when it times to say we are sorry, sometimes it will be drag until the evening for us to finally come see our parents and ask for forgiveness. I know it seems stupid but that's just the way it is.
Most people have two grandmothers, one from their fathers side and one from their mothers side. For me, I have three grandmothers. That's because my father have two mother. The story goes like this, my father was given to his mothers sister that is his aunt because his aunt doesn't have a son and she have made an agreement with my fathers mother that if she delivers a son, the son will be given to her. My father was told about this when he was 12. At first we usually stayed at my grandmothers house that raised my father but now that she has gone we usually stays at my real grandmothers. For me, I love them both.
Another thing that I love about Hari Raya is the infinite food that's provided. Every time it is Raya, I would gain a few kilos but because of my high metabolism rate, it would not be long before I lose them. I would always be the ''victim'' in my family to eat what were served to us. This is because after a long day visiting peoples houses and eating, they would get full and my parents would tell me to eat at every house to show a term of courtesy.
Lastly, who doesn't love ''duit raya''. I have found out that now I'm in a university, I have received more ''duit raya'' than before. That is seriously something good. I think that's all from me right now. Until next time. Kashfi, out.
I hope I explained the part about my father having two mother clearly. It's quite hard. =)
ReplyDeleteIt's quite hard to comprehend, but I'm sure you did your best.
ReplyDeleteEvery time it is Raya, I would gain a few kilos but because of my high metabolism rate, it would not be long before I lose them.<-----I envy you because I'm the opposite!
I would always be the ''victim'' in my family to eat what were served to us.<---Well, it appears that your high metabolism rate is both a gift AND a curse ;)
All the best for your final exams.